Re: Equiv. to /proc/net/ip_acct ?

On Sat, Jul 15, 2000 at 07:39:54PM -0400, eric jackson wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jul 2000, Thomas Ribbrock wrote:
[...]
> > Basically, the information I'm interested in is the throughput through ppp0
> > (preferably in bytes in/out), which I need for a utility I'm trying to port.
> > I know programs like ipfstat and ipmon provide such information, however,
> > I'd rather be able to access the information directly via C than use an
> > external utility - if possible.
> >

> OpenBSD doesnt use ipfw, we have ipf, with ipf you use ipfstat to get
> statistics.

Thanks for the response, but I'm aware of that (in fact, ipf is one of my
reasons for moving to OpenBSD) and I'm aware of ipfstat (as I mentioned
above). However, I'm looking for a way to get that information directly from
my own program in C (e.g. something a la fopen()/fgets() + parsing or
whatever necessary), not for a standalone program.

Cheers,

Thomas
      Thomas Ribbrock    http://www.bigfoot.com/~kaytan    ICQ#: 15839919