Stupid admin tricks: async mounts and gzip

Well it took me a while to figure out what was causing my big fileserver
to eat the dust and wedge hard without any kind of output. I thought it
might have been an overloaded scsi bus or other flakiness. It's not. The
culprit is async mounts. Anyone know why?

Glad I found it. 45 minute rebuilds of my RAIDsets doesn't help
productivity...

--
Network Security Technologies Inc. - Commercial support for OpenBSD
www.netsec.net       (703) 561-0420       matthew_(_dot_)_patton_(_at_)_netsec_(_dot_)_net

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force!
 Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
  - George Washington

Visit your host, monkey.org