Pppd problems

I'm having problems with pppd. My machine is an OpenBSD box running
2.6-RELEASE. My primary connection to the internet is via a cable modem
with works wonderfully. On occasion I would like to be able to bolt up a
connection to a client with pppd. I tried to test this out today but it
was a no-go. Here's the steps I took:

With the cable modem connection up I started pppd with the info for my old
dial up ISP. According to the logs pppd came up just fine but when I try
to ping my side of the connection I get "no route to host" and when I try
to ping the other side of the pppd connection I get nothing.

Has anyone got any ideas about this?

Chris
--
      __o          "All I was trying to do was get home from work."
    _`\<,_           -Rosa Parks

Visit your host, monkey.org