RE: CPU Question preference (AMD, Intel)

I try to avoid these AMD/Intel discussions because they always turn into
pissing contests and personal preference. Alot of people don't like Intel
simply because of their ties to Microshaft.
Athlon's have a cache running at 1/2 the cpu speed. However, for 700+ cpu's
AMD slowed the L2 cache to 2/5 the cpu speed. For the 1Ghz they slowed it
even more to 1/3 the cpu speed. Intel keeps the cache at 1/2 the cpu speed
throughout the entire cpu range, resulting in a faster cache on the upper
end units. Slowing the cache was how they managed to beat Intel to market
with the 1Ghz cpu. In other words on the high end cpu's there might be an
advantage with Intel (at least until you factor cost back into it).
Personally I just like Intel because the Athlon hasn't been around long
enough for the potential hickups to be 'known'. Anyway, that's the beginning
and the end of my opinion on this.

Visit your host, monkey.org