Re: how to make no kbd work on i386

On Sun, Apr 16, 2000 at 01:46:20PM -0400, Nick Holland wrote:
> Did you read the two replies regarding the last time you asked this
> question (Friday)?  I am beginning to think it you did not.
>
> It does.

I know that it work fine on non i386 systems (such as sparcs and
alphas) but I cannot get it to work on my pc, that is why I wanted
someone to come out and say 'it should work' as you just did.

Other operating systems DO boot without the keyboard on this system.
The BIOS supports it.  There are no 'keyboard error' or any such
messages.  The control is transfered to openbsd (the boot program)
and boot hangs until the kbd is plugged in.  Then the the kernel
boots normally.  If I unplug the kbd right before boot loads the
the kernel, the kerel reports some errors about a keyboard and will
not boot until I plug it back in.

Does anyone care to help me figure out why my system will not boot
without a keyboard?  If not, just ignore this thread please.

Nick Maniscalco