[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: PPP and DNS Problem in OpenBSD 2.7 beta
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: PPP and DNS Problem in OpenBSD 2.7 beta
- From: Lars Hecking <lhecking_(_at_)_nmrc_(_dot_)_ucc_(_dot_)_ie>
- Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 01:12:20 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Brian Somers writes:
> The only thing that's changed in this area is that you can now
> ``resolv restore'' in ppp.linkdown if you want ppp to put resolv.conf
> back the way it was. The default should remain the same though.
> Are you saying that resolv.conf is being updated but name resolution
> doesn't seem to work ? If so, what happens if you ask the nameserver
> directly - so if your dns is 220.127.116.11, try
> nslookup www.OpenBSD.org 18.104.22.168
> Does that work ?
> > In 2.6, this setup works for me every time. In 2.7 beta, it still dials
> > up and logs in to the ISP but I cannot reach any DNS
> > servers for name resolution, although I can ping the the DNS servers
> > themselves.
Are you trying this as root or as some user? In the latter case,
is resolv.conf readable by hat user?
Visit your host, monkey.org