[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Xterm/xdm/Compat/disc/X load questions...
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Xterm/xdm/Compat/disc/X load questions...
- From: Chris_(_dot_)_Smith_(_at_)_raytheon_(_dot_)_co_(_dot_)_uk
- Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:07:48 +0000
I've just installed OpenBSD 2.6 after being instantly converted from
FreeBSD (fed up of the hype) and have a couple of simple questions to ask
(shoot me if these are in the FAQ).
1/ Why has the Xdm startup screen been customised? (I'm not complaining
- The blowfish is quite cool - just curious)
2/ Do the FreeBSD compatibility options pose any major/minor security
3/ My ATAPI drive (WDC Caviar 20.2G + Intel SE440BX2 Mobo (PIIX4 chip))
churns pretty badly. On the installation I was forced to increase block
size somewhat. Any ideas?? I'd poke in a dmesg but I'm at work where my
system is not :-(
raytheon Systems Limited
Visit your host, monkey.org