superblock: no room?

I'm installing 2.6 on an 8g Fujitsu ATA HD, using a partition of about 2800M.
After writing the disklabel and returning to the install process I get a
message that says

'insufficient space on superblock for rotational layout tables...filesystem
performance may suffer.'     (relying on memory but that's pretty close).

Installs of Linux and FreeBSD on other partitions on this drive proceeded
(apparently) without incident. The OpenBSD install seems to run ok, apart from
 a series of boot messages that complain about DMA access to the drive and
downgrading it to pio mode 4 but I am not worried about that.

--
Bob Bernstein
at                         http://www.ruptured-duck.com

Visit your host, monkey.org