[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: FTP install w/ @home cable
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: FTP install w/ @home cable
- From: Brian Kifiak <bk_(_at_)_localhost_(_dot_)_ca>
- Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:48:28 -0800
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Wozz (wozz+openbsd_(_at_)_wookie_(_dot_)_net) [01/31/00 17:56]:
> In most cases, you can turn off the cable modem and turn it back on and it
> will forget the MAC address.
With Telus' ADSL service, you have to register (presumably) your MAC address
through a password protected web interface. If you don't, you'll only be able
to reach *.telus.net hosts.
If this is a common enough setup, it may be worthwhile to try to incorporate
some handling for this type of situation (ie an optional break after obtaining
the lease to spawn a browser or something). Space might be an issue.
Visit your host, monkey.org