Re: New PCVT behavior

On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 07:56:02PM -0400, Aaron Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Stanislav Grozev wrote:
>
> > I certainly hope that you provided a compile time kernel option for that.
> > some of us like the old behavior (and don't need/use mc;-)))
>
> The old behavior was plain wrong though, IMHO. I'm sure there are other
> apps that make use of the function keys.

that is indeed correct, but when something like this one was out
there for such a long time, many people became accustomed to it.
i certainly do not want to press ctrl-alt-fx just to switch to a
new console. it isn't very comfortable. so will there be a compile
option for that, or will the people who want the old behavior
(or behavior like linux or freebsd of alt-fx instead of ctrl-alt-fx,
unless in X) have to patch the kernel themselves (which admittedly
is trivial, but that's not the issue)?

-tacho

--
   [i don't follow] | daemonz.org/ | tacho_(_at_)_daemonz_(_dot_)_org | 0x44FC3339
   [everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler]