[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: pcvt/pdksh insanity
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: pcvt/pdksh insanity
- From: David Terrell <dbt_(_at_)_meat_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 00:00:41 -0800
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: David Terrell <dbt_(_at_)_meat_(_dot_)_net>
Make sure your $TERM is set to 'pcvt25'. I've had problems with the
2.6's vt220 emulation, which is as it should be since it was rewritten
to be more ANSI friendly.
On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 05:11:23PM -0500, daemons wrote:
> OpenBSD/2.6-current snap from 01-10-2000...
> Fresh login on C0-C3 as a user with shell /bin/sh. On consoles 0 and 1 if
> I type the up arrow it shows A. On console 2 and 3 I get history. I
> thought I was going (more) crazy. Can someone exaplain to me what is
> happening and why the consoles of a fresh (like 10 minute ago) are
> different? I made this funny oath to not install shells from ports
> anymore ;-)
> kcon -l is the same for all consoles too..
> Thanks for the information
David Terrell | dbt_(_at_)_meat_(_dot_)_net
Prime Minister, Nebcorp Inc | http://wwn.nebcorp.com/
Visit your host, monkey.org