HP6L Laserjet Printer (howto print)

Hi all,

What is the suggested way to set up a non-postscript
laserjet printer.

I've tried with Ghostscript alone; and experimented
with magicfilter, but am unable to print.

However lptest turns the printer on and feeds paper
but
nothing prints.  I know my toner is not out because it
was printing fine a week or two ago when I was running
Linux.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as my
girlfriend is ready to take my head off if I can't get
the printer going soon.  Thanks

-nate