Re: sshd wierdness

The man page for ssh included with openSSH talks about "KeepAlive" in the conf
file for the client.  Confirm that this is on and then if the connection is
lost for any reason the client and server should notice and die off
correctly.

Jim

R2D2 <nobody_(_at_)_videotron_(_dot_)_ca> wrote:
Hi,

I experienced the very same problem on a Linux server; sshd process
staying
after the connection is closed, but that only happens with *some*
clients.

which makes me believe that it's the ssh client that's doing something
that
confuse the server...

maybe ask you friend to update it's ssh client, it might help :)

Bill
billn_(_at_)_videotron_(_dot_)_ca