Re: Install shows 8GB harddisk limit problem, but that *cannot* be

> From: SUZUKI Hitoshi <sigh_(_at_)_kuzirabekon_(_dot_)_econ_(_dot_)_nagasaki-u_(_dot_)_ac_(_dot_)_jp>
> Subject: Re: Install shows 8GB harddisk limit problem, but that *cannot* be
>
> On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 09:18:05AM +0100, Michael Schmidt wrote:
>
> > On the mentioned 13G harddisk there are other partitions
> > I want to keep there, that means that OpenBSD will *not*
> > use the whole harddisk, but its (the OpenBSD's)
> > partition crosses the 8G point.
>
> Use other OS's fdisk, to make OpenBSD's partition (A6)
> And, do nothing with fdisk when installing OpenBSD.

I´m in my office right now. The regarding machine is my private one
at home, so I will have to check the hint this evening.

Did others with a similar setup have to go this way too?

> This is the only solution by now.

Why?
The interesting point is:  Why is this happening?

It may be that the obvious answer would be "..it´s because of the
8G harddisk limit...", but regarding the good reputation OpenBSD
has I can´t imagine ;-) that it´s because of 8GB limit.

--
                 Michael  Schmidt
              mschmidt_(_at_)_fh-koblenz_(_dot_)_de