Re: telnet problems -- OpenBSD and HP-UX

I can ping the OpenBSD box fine. I can also load up a web page from it. I also have a Linux box on the same network as the HP (behind the 486 running OpenBSD with IPNAT) and the Linux box can telnet to the OpenBSD box just fine.

This could be an ipfilter and/or dns issue. If your openbsd box is setup to
consult /etc/hosts first then dns, try to make an entry of your HP host
ip/name into the /etc/host of your openbsd box. Then try to telnet from hp-ux
to openbsd. From hp-ux to openbsd, can you ping -n ip-address-of-openbsd?