telnet problems -- OpenBSD and HP-UX

I'm currently unable to telnet from my HP workstation to my OpenBSD box. When I attempt to telnet from the HP, it says:

bash-2.03$ telnet ns
Trying...
Connected to ns.
Escape character is '^]'.
Local flow control on

Then it stops. The OpenBSD box usually crunches on the hard drive momentarily when I attempt the telnet. All network stuff seems to work with that exception. I can telnet from the OpenBSD box to the HP just fine, and the HP will connect to other HP-UX boxes fine, as well as Linux boxes. It also refuses to telnet to a machine running Compaq Tru64 Unix 4.0D, however. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! The HP is running HP-UX 11.0 12/98 and the 486 is running OpenBSD 2.5.

Chris