Re: jive

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Tramale K. Turner wrote:
>
> >They spoke all about some silly thing called the Civil Rights Act of
> >1964 and the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972 ...

OK, everyone.  I am a lawyer so let me set something straight.  This is not a
First Amendment issue at all.  Nor is it a 1984 Civil Rights Act issue.
Everyone repeat after me... "They only apply to the government."  That means
private citizens from anywhere cannot violate *any* constitutional amendment.

What the 'jive' issue is is a PR issue.  We all would rather people talk
about the technical merits of OBSD rather than the political correctness "or
lack thereof" of it's contributors.  OpenBSD is swiftly gaining credibiltiy
and rising in everyone's radar screen.  Theo, if you're a good leader, you'll
get rid of the stupid thing and maybe the 'dopewars' package too.  I really
don't think you want to have to answer questions about them in the
'digimedia.'

Later,

-- Nate
Nate Puri ("natedawg")		http://www.ompages.com
publisher_(_at_)_office_(_dot_)_ompages_(_dot_)_com	http://office.ompages.com/~natedawg
n8fs0n_(_at_)_softcom_(_dot_)_net		PGP: http://www.ompages.com/contact

"Anonymity is a shield from the tyranny of the majority."
	--McIntyre v. Ohio Campaign Commission, 514 U.S. 334 (1995)