Re: Linux Netscape and OpenBSD 2.6

Thank you for yours suggestions, but I already tried to delete (actually
rename) all netscape directories (.netscape, nsmail, nsnews and
ns_imap), but the problem remained!

Moreover, as time passes I found the BSDI version of Netscape too much
bugged and incomplete to work with.

I think that tomorrow I'll format my disk and start a fresh 2.6
installation...  :-(

Bye.

Dallas Wisehaupt wrote:

> another thing to try.
>
> if you are checking your mail via IMAP, delete all of your ~/nsmail/.*.summary
> files. these will be rebuilt on the next check mail. make sure netscape is
> shut down when you do so though.
>
> You should not need to remove your whole .netscape directory at all, at most
> you may need to zap the .netscape/preferences.js
>
> just some things we have noticed with netscapes "features"
>
> dallas
>
> On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Mike Lockwood wrote:
>
> > Hi Federico,
> >
> > You might want to try deleting your ~/.netscape directory, in case
> > something got corrupted in there.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > Federico Giannici wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks to your suggestions, now I was able to install the official 2.6
> > > linux_lib.
> > >
> > > Unluckily, the problem that I have with the Linux version of Netscape
> > > remains since I upgraded to 2.6. Even if the upgrade from 2.5 went OK,
> > > and now I have reinstalled the linux_lib, every time I try to get new
> > > e-mails, the program freezes!
> > >
> > > I know that somebody with a completely new installation of 2.6 was able
> > > to run that program.
> > >
> > > So, is there something else I can try before I'm forced to format my
> > > disk and start making a new installation?

Visit your host, monkey.org