Re: 8mb 486 machine..

> Had interesting expirience installing 2.6 current on 486/100mhz box with
>8Mb of ram. Installation gets frozen right after install runs MAKEDEV (all

That's exactly the same thing that happened on the 386 I was planning to
use as a nat gateway for the home net. It's what you might call the rock-
bottom low end: 20mhz 386dx, 8mb ram, 400 mb disk. I was beginning to
wonder if if the static discharges from the carpet had killed it after all,
since this box had been running 2.5 (s-l-o-w-l-y, but running).

But what you're describing duplicates my experience exactly.

So is there a workaround I could apply?
--
Peter N. M. Hansteen  peter_(_at_)_datadok_(_dot_)_no http://www.datadok.no
Datadokumentasjon A/S, Bredsgaarden 2, N-5003 Bergen, Norway