X11 on Dell Inspiron 7000

Greets-

I've been trying to setup X11 on my Dell Inspiron 7000 w/
15" display.  I have checked out the Linux on a Dell
Inspiron 7000 page and managed to get X up when I was
running RedHat Linux 6.0 without any problem.
Please take note.  I'm *NOT* whining about this, I just
thought it might provide some insight...

I'm not sure if the problem is with the video driver that
i'm setting up or with the display mode lines.

If any of you have Obsd running on your dell i7k notebook i
would be very interested in HOW!  I can't even get
640x480x16c going.  Every time the server boots up and I
can see my mouse as i move it around, but depending on what
i have tried i have many mice...  There is a big black
stripe near the right side and the screen has some wierd
streaks and colors that shoudln't be there... ;)

Sorry if this is totally an xfree86.org question but I
thought since x worked under redhat some of my obsd buddies
could have some insight.

Any hints will be well appreciated
Thanks

=====
Ryan Erwin [ryan_(_at_)_erwin_(_dot_)_org] / rulenumber1_(_at_)_yahoo_(_dot_)_com