Re: 2.6 sslUSA security problem

Matt Behrens writes:
> Yesterday, Theo de Raadt wrote:
>
> : People outside the USA can use these two
> : libraries, found in the "ssl26" package.  Non-commercial entities in
> : the USA cannot -- because of the patent issue
>
> I'm curious if there's anyone around who has done this -- ask RSA
> for a license to use OpenSSL w/ RSAREF

I'm curious if there's been any thought of building a version of
OpenSSH using DSA code instead of RSA, possibly permuting the SSH
protocol to 1.x-bis or something.

It would fine for many people to be able to establish links between
two OpenBSD boxes over a not-fully-backward-compliant SSH link.

--
-bmw   | Double helix in the sky tonight
       | Throw out the hardware
       | Let's do it right   -- Steely Dan; Aja

Visit your host, monkey.org