[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
cvs upgrade from 2.5 to 2.6 on i386
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: cvs upgrade from 2.5 to 2.6 on i386
- From: lluisma <lluisma_(_at_)_osi-technologies_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 00:43:34 -0500
I have been trying to upgrade 2.5 to 2.6 on i386. I followed the FAQ as
1. I installed all sources from 2.5 CD1 into /usr/src.
2. AnonCVS upgrade
cvs login =======> anoncvs as password
cvs -q up -PAd
3. I followed instructions at /usr/src/Makefile as follows:
I built a new kernel. After adding brackets on iophy.c (I think) my 2.6
kernel di build successfully. I rebooted to use the new kernel.
cd /usr/src: I followed the procedure(Makefile) to create /usr/obj with
a lot of space available. Then, make build.
It always fail somewhere. I have done the cvs upgrade several times and
still couldn't build it. The last time I did it was 3 days ago.
I'm not supplying the details of what file didn't compile because at
this time I just want to make sure if I'm doing anything wrong with the
above procedure. Am I missing something?
I'm looking for a way to really do a reliable cvs upgrade for OpenBSD.
The FreeBSD system is quite reliable on this. Can anyone please point me
to any URL where I can read more on this upgrade procedure.
Visit your host, monkey.org