[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
pppd(8) not deleting default route
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: pppd(8) not deleting default route
- From: Michael Strasser <M_(_dot_)_Strasser_(_at_)_myrealbox_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 13:26:08 +1000
- Organization: StrassCom Pty Ltd
I am running pppd(8) on my dialup firewall/router (OpenBSD 2.5 i386)
using the defaultroute option.
According to the pppd man page, the default route entry "... is removed
when the PPP connection is broken." That is not happening on my system.
When I run netstat -rn after the connection has been terminated (through
a timeout), it shows the default route still present, through the ppp0
Is this a known bug? Is it fixed in 2.6?
StrassCom Pty Ltd A.C.N. 081 228 471
Consulting and Training in Information Technology
50 Holland Street, Greenslopes Qld 4120, Australia
Phone: +61 4 1428 4256 Fax: +61 7 3397 7167
Visit your host, monkey.org