Re: insecure passwords...

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Tyler Allison wrote:

> You can also try Epasswd. It's a full replacement for passwd that does
> everything you could ever want :) It hasn't been ported to OpenBSD that
> I know of but it's clean code and should be easily done. The author might
> even do it for you if you showed interest :)
>
> http://www.nas.nasa.gov/Groups/Security/epasswd/

Heh, I noticed this on their site:

>From http://www.nas.nasa.gov/Groups/Security/epasswd/readme.html:

V. Notes

         CHANGES TO EPASSWD (Made by Lars Kellogg-Stedman)
         ==================
.
.
.
(6) Since these changes use snprintf() at several points, I've
         included Theo de Raadts version of snprintf(), which seems
         fairly portable.

-Just thought it was interesting... the author must have their eyes Open
:)

--Bill
<wyodlowsky_(_at_)_route1_(_dot_)_nj_(_dot_)_devry_(_dot_)_edu>

Visit your host, monkey.org