insecure passwords...

I read the passwd man page and looked through the faq, but I didn't see any
mention of how to validate new passwords through crack or some such
program.  I would like to force new (and old) users to create passwords
that are not so easy to guess.  Does anybody have a clue as to how to do
this or even if it is worth the effort.  I know that there are other
way to get passwords, like sniffing the network on the pop port (which
I'm replacing with imap+SSL), but it's a start.  Thanks.

Aaron Jackson

Visit your host, monkey.org