Proper sequence

Hi,

I'm am a new user to OpenBSD and you good people have been much help. My
question is basically this:

I install everything(all) and download the ports.tar.gz for 2.5 (I make
sure I get them from the 2.5 directory on te ftp server.

What things do I really need to install, such as libraries, and the lot. I
can get some of the ports to run with no problem but others download and
don't set up.

Is there a list of things to install first from the ports collection? I
would like to get KDE and a browser to work.

Thanks,

Tim

Visit your host, monkey.org