fsck and newfs problem

Does anyone else get fsck or newfs to crash? Or can newfs a partion then
fsck it and have the file system be corrupted?

For some reason this happens to me all the time with my second drive. It's
very irritating since I need that space for ports and such, yet I cannot
count on being able to recover the partitions. Actually, I can't even
count on the file system to be stable enought for me to copy files onto
it. When I fsck a partition it gives me a Segmentation fault after step 5
and when I newfs occasionly I get a Memory fault after it has finished
writing the backup superblocks.

Visit your host, monkey.org