[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
login does unwanted DNS, boot floppy construction
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: login does unwanted DNS, boot floppy construction
- From: Jon Schneider <jms_(_at_)_where2_(_dot_)_co_(_dot_)_uk>
- Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 08:55:33 +0100
* I have discovered that logging in does some sort of DNS lookup thus causes
dial-on-demand to fire. According to tcpdump, the lookup is not a normal
forward one ('cos tcpdump would print the name) but is aimed at my ISP's DNS
I can see that it contains the text "kerberos-iv" though. What's up and can
I stop it ?
* Are there instructions for how to (dis)assemble boot floppies. It seems to
me that the standard installation floppy's bsd contains a filesystem. Can't
see any pointers in the freebsd handbook either.
Visit your host, monkey.org