[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
CR-LF translator hunt..
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: CR-LF translator hunt..
- From: Jesse Trucks <jtrucks_(_at_)_madison_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:49:31 -0500
- Organization: madison.com
I am attempting to translate a text file from a windows/dos CR/LF linebreak setup to either a) unix LF only, b) Macintosh, CR only, or c) some other text entirely at the end of each line (for importing into a database).
Does anyone have a good solution to script this? I have been hunting for a while, but I have not found a good way to do this via a script.
Online Technical Producer
Madison Newspapers, Inc. - http://www.madison.com
Visit your host, monkey.org