[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: savecore kvm problem (with kvm_mkdb patch installed)
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: savecore kvm problem (with kvm_mkdb patch installed)
- From: David Scott +44 1383 821921 <david_(_dot_)_michael_(_dot_)_scott_(_at_)_gecm_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:06:53 +0100 (BST)
- Autoforwarded: false
- Disclose-recipients: prohibited
- Hop-count: 2
- Importance: normal
- Mr-received: by mta MULDER.MUAS; Relayed; Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:06:53 +0100 (BST)
- Mr-received: by mta SULLY; Relayed; Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:09:51 +0100 (BST)
- Mr-received: by mta GCSCHM; Relayed; Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:08:17 +0100 (BST)
- Ua-content-id: 11D782463300
- X400-mts-identifier: [;4453060916071999/A14805/MULDER]
> I have OpenBSD 2.4 running on a Sparc 20. I have patched kvm_mkdb and this
now works fine, as does any utils that need kvm to run (top / systat etc). I
have also installed the 2.5 sparc (GENERIC) kernel.
> However, when running "savecore /bsd" I still get
> savecore: /bsd: kvm_dump_mkheader: invalid magic in cpu_hdr
> Despite the all the other kvm using utils seeming to work.
> I grabbed the latest savecore sources from the CVS tree and rebuilt and
re-installed savecore, but it has made no difference and it still reproduces
> Any ideas on how to fix this ??
> Thanks very much
You shouldn't expect a 2.5 kernel to work with a 2.4 userland. Why not upgrade
the lot to 2.5?