[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
X only runs from 'root'
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: X only runs from 'root'
- From: "Kevin Bewley" <kevin_(_dot_)_bewley_(_at_)_camr_(_dot_)_org_(_dot_)_uk>
- Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 14:24:17 +0100
- Organization: camr.org.uk
- Reply-to: kevin_(_dot_)_bewley_(_at_)_camr_(_dot_)_org_(_dot_)_uk
I have a strange problem. If I log into my system as me 'kevin'
and type startx, Xwindows starts to get going (the screen goes
black) then it fails and drops me back into my shell will a keyboard
error. If I however, su up to root and do the same thing X will run
fine. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this. If you need the
full error message it gives me I could post that too (something
about a bad file descriptor). However, as I said, it all runs fine from
A1200 Kick 3.0 '060/50MHz + SCSI 50Mb RAM
1.3Gb Hitachi HD 2x SCSI CD-ROM
Visit your host, monkey.org