[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
booting problem on i386 (default kernel)
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: booting problem on i386 (default kernel)
- From: Rune <infinite_(_at_)_sf_(_dot_)_telia_(_dot_)_no>
- Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 19:08:56 +0200
my HD (Seagate 6.5gb) is split into 3 pretty equal sized partitions.
the first two are FAT partitions, and the last one is OpenBSD.
I downloaded OpenBSD 2.5 onto my win32 partition, and booted from floppy
after install completion, I use the floppy to boot, like this:
boot> boot wd0a:/bsd
and I get...
booting> wd0a:/bsd: 2023424 failed(5). will try
what is wrong ? I also booted with the floppy, then mounted the root and
usr partitions under /mnt, and the default 'bsd' kernel (about 170kb in
size) was there.
I thought maybe it somehow had been corrupted on my FAT16 partition, so
I went to look in /usr/src/sys to build a new one...but 'sys' did not
any tips ?
thanks in advance,
- Rune. (please respond by direct e-mail)
Visit your host, monkey.org