Re: Tape Backup

On 30 Apr, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> You want a SCSI drive, and you want one that somebody else has already
> reported as working with the available driver. In theory, SCSI tape
> drives should just work. In practice...

This is where I am having a problem. I have an Exabyte 8200 that has
worked flawlessly for me on Sparc 1 with SunOS 4.1.3 for many years. I
have been trying to get this drive to work under OpenBSD 2.4 on another
Sparc 1 (and IPC). I can manipulate the drive with mt without much
problem, but I end up with loads of "sense" errors when reading/writing
to the drive. I don't have the exact error messages written down at the
moment. Is there a known problem with this setup or did I miss some
critical part of the setup procedure?

	Jon

--
Jon Auringer
J_(_dot_)_Auringer_(_at_)_astronautics_(_dot_)_com

Visit your host, monkey.org