Re: Install & EtherExpress

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Louis Bertrand wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Kirk Vogelsang wrote:
>
> > Hello all.
> >
> > I'm trying to do an install via ftp, but the install
> > prog doesn't seem to detect my Intel EtherExpress 16
> > NIC.
> >
> > Is there any special magik I can perform that'll
> > inform the install program of my card?
> >

> Unfortunately, the only arcane magik is to run Intel's setup utility under
> DOS or Win95 in command line mode. The files are at Intel's www site.
> You need to tell the card to open up a some buffer RAM in the I/O memory
> space with the software setup utility.

I was afraid of that.  Since I don't have, nor do I want, a DOS
box, could someone offer up a suggestion as to which NIC would
be do-able out of the box?

I've also tried a SMC EtherEZ, but it wasn't detected either.
FWIW, both do actually work.

Thanx again gang.

##
-----
Kirk M. Vogelsang <kirk_(_at_)_nda_(_dot_)_com>
Net Daemons Associates, Woburn MA.
http://www.nda.com