Re: auto-ping to keep ppp up?

> The ECHO LQRs are done periodically from ppp (using ``set
> lqrperiod'').  However, a ppp implementation should never let
ECHO
> LQRs affect its idle timer.

Only my own opinion, but cutsie features that keep a connection
from dropping is more on an AOL caliber. The beauty of these
UNIX-like OS's is that with a few basic tools and the huge amount
of scripting and programming options available, we can make the
things do anything _we_ want.

Dana Booth <dana_(_at_)_mmi_(_dot_)_oz_(_dot_)_net>

Visit your host, monkey.org