[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: CVS: cvs.openbsd.org: src (i386/machdep.c)
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: CVS: cvs.openbsd.org: src (i386/machdep.c)
- From: Michael Shalayeff <mickey_(_at_)_lucifier_(_dot_)_dial-up_(_dot_)_user_(_dot_)_akula_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:33:56 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: source-changes_(_at_)_cvs_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: mickey_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
this is a very important fix for a transition to the new apm code.
everybody is urged to update their kernels if using current,
a separate patch will be provided through the errata page as well.
w/o this fix and after new apm code will go into the tree it will be
impossible to boot kernels w/ -current bootblocks, so to avoid any
inconvinience *update your kernels now*.
Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from Michael Shalayeff:
> CVSROOT: /cvs
> Module name: src
> Changes by: mickey_(_at_)_cvs_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org 99/02/25 14:17:25
> Modified files:
> sys/arch/i386/i386: machdep.c
> Log message:
> fix /boot arguments mapping.
> now fully trust bootargv value passed from the /boot
> towards where in the physical memory they are located.
> adjust available memory accordingly.
> there is a mail coming into misc@ about this patch.
paranoic mickey (my employers have changed but, the name has remained)