[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
amd in a Solaris environment?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: amd in a Solaris environment?
- From: "J. Joseph Max Katz" <jkatz_(_at_)_cpio_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:09:54 -0700 (PDT)
- Delivery-date: Fri Sep 11 11:07:15 1998
- Organization: CPIO Networks
I'm having some difficulty getting amd to work in our solaris-centric
nfs/nis'ed environment. ypbind gets the maps just fine, but amd
is having some trouble swallowing the solaris "standard" auto.home:
The log tells me:
Sep 11 10:37:46 inferno amd: key jkatz: No value component in "anguish:/export/home/&"
Sep 11 10:37:46 inferno amd: No fs type specified (key = "jkatz", map = "auto.home")
I need to figure out how to convince amd that fstype is always nfs, and that
"value" needs to be split into "rhost" and "fs".
Red Hat Linux uses a derivitave of the BSD amd that reads in a "amd.conf"
file which seems to solve the problem:
How can I achieve these results using our amd in its current form?
I'm sure someone has done it already.....
Visit your host, monkey.org