[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: NFS troubles...
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org, per_(_dot_)_berger_(_at_)_home_(_dot_)_se
- Subject: Re: NFS troubles...
- From: Aaron Jackson <jackson_(_at_)_negril_(_dot_)_msrce_(_dot_)_howard_(_dot_)_edu>
- Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 21:11:45 -0400
- Delivery-date: Sat Sep 5 18:26:36 1998
>Sooo, what do I put in /etc/exports to make it work properly? Do I need to
>use /etc/netgroup? What else?
I think you might want to use yellow pages to distribute the passwd file
to the linux machine, but be aware that opens up secutiry holes. The 664
file permission is doing exactly what it should do, give others read only
access. The linux machine does not think the user is the owner.
Aaron Jackson jackson_(_at_)_msrce_(_dot_)_howard_(_dot_)_edu