Open 2.3 on a Toshiba 2110 Laptop

My remote machine is running OpenBSD 2.3 now, and it rules - my laptop
is running an old and messy linux; it's got kernel patches and other
crap lying around everywhere. Basically I'd like to start fresh with
openbsd, so I can test stuff before breaking my remote machine.

Trying to boot off the floppy didn't work - after decompressing the
kernel it just waits forever. The machine is a 486dx4 75mhz, with 12meg
ram and mono display. Anyone heard of it working on a similar machine?
Any ideas?

I still can't get MySQL compiling though, so if anyone has any ideas of
what I can do next I'd also be gratefull.

Thanks

Ian
___
darq networqs