Re: nsyslogd

At 12:10 PM 7/22/98 -0600, you wrote:
>On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Federico G. Schwindt wrote:
>
>>    You might want to try with secure syslog (ssyslog) too.
>>    Go to http://www.secnet.com/core/ENGLISH/CoreLabs/ssyslog/index.html
for an
>> overview.

I think these sort of products are only "secure" if certain assumptions are
made about your risk/threat model for your network. If you have an insecure
or untrusted local (or VPN) network, they are quite restrictions to how
much you can trust your logs for completeness amongst other details.

nsyslogd is written by Darren Reed and Julian Assange, Julian knows what he
is doing when it comes to cryptography, I'd say the product is at least
worth a look.

Visit your host, monkey.org