Booting Diskless

Hello all,

I mailed a while ago about my woes of netbooting / booting from DOS
floppy using boot.com and NFS mounting root and swap from a remote
host.

The problem is still ongoing and I was wondering if anyone knows
why/if boot.com(8) doesn't like kernels which use NFS rather than FFS.

I can't seem to find the source for it anywhere (it lives in
/usr/mdec). I was thinking of adding support for more ethernet cards
to FreeBSD's netboot.com which would solve my problem but a) it's not
part of OpenBSD and hence I would need to install FreeBSD to do so and
b) to paraphrase happy emery I also can't code my way out of the proverbial
_wet_ paper bag

Ho hum.

Joe

--