Re: openbsd awareness group

Cheers,

We've been trying to pull together an OpenBSD users group
for the South Bay. We've even stuck little "0BUG: OpenBSD
Users of Silicon Valley" stickers on all the CDs we sell
here. I don't recall whether this was formally posted to
the list, but... well, it is now. Send mail to myself or
jkatz_(_at_)_cpio_(_dot_)_net if you're interested.

One of the nice things about users group meetings is that
they afford you the chance to brainstorm about these things
in person. It's sometimes far more effective to meet, think,
have pizza for dinner, think great thoughts, and run to the
printer's in a carbohydrate-induced frenzy than to speak
about it on a list. There's often an uncomfortable amount
of lag time between good ideas on a list and the execution
of same in the real world. :-)

As for design, just added another graphic to
http://www.cpio.org/openbsd/ . It's the smaller one...
comments anyone?

Bumper stickers are quite effective in areas where there are
large concentrations of technical people. I may be able to have
generic stickers printed before Defcon. Does anyone have any ideas
with regard to design?

G.

happy emory wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, Louis Bertrand wrote:
>
> > > if there is some sort of "oepnbsd awareness" group or something or people
> > > that would like to be doing this, please let me know.
(snip)

--
Disclaimer: Any resemblance between the above views and
those of my employer, my terminal, or the view out my

G. E. Pedowitz - Software Engineer - gep_(_at_)_arch_(_dot_)_sel_(_dot_)_sony_(_dot_)_com
Distributed Systems Lab, Sony US Research Labs
Santa Clara, CA ~ +1 408 496 1095 ext 3040