suppressing APM BIOS messages

I feel like this should be in a FAQ somewhere.
Is there a searchable archive of these mailing
lists I can check?

Can someone tell me how to suspend the BIOS
apm power status change messages but still have
apm watch the power? I get a few messages a minute
on the console (In BLUE) telling me how fully
my laptop battery is. I have apm running but it
still interrupts the console often.

Is there a way to send that junk to the bit bucket
or a log file and still have apm watch and alarm
on low power? Anything to keep it off the console
for these simple power status changes.

Thanks in advance,

Steve