squake / svgalib

A bit off topic and I don't know how many of you are gamers out there,
neither am I really except for quake.  And it would really make my day if
I could get this to run rather than running xquake, which I've heard
success stories about.

When I execute squake, svgalib initializes, sees my video card, and just
when quake should come up on the screen i get:

svgalib: mmap error in paged screen memory.

Is this because a limitation of the linux compatibility or is it specific
to me?

I'm using a S3 VIRGE/DX (375) graphics card and i386 OpenBSD-current.

Thanks for any info.
Jason
jbi130_(_at_)_cs_(_dot_)_usask_(_dot_)_ca