old SNI advisory and the fixes

I was reading a late December '96 advisory about /etc/security and /etc/daily
problems in OpenBSD. I'm sure they've been fixed for ages. However, one of the
points raised what the use of pridictable filenames stored in /tmp. I see that
the latest script first creates a subdirectory and puts the files there. This
solves one problem but is it protected from the recently published 'ln'
problem that hit bugtraq? I'll bet donuts that it's only a linux related issue
but I thought I'd ask anyway just to be sure.

If I've offended anybody by dragging up long resolved problems I appologize
in advance.