ZIP drive device id's

I'm using the scsi only external ZIP drive on my sparc IPX.
I have it mounted via a line in /etc/fstab

/dev/sd1c     /zip       ffs    rw,noauto  0 0

This works because of the order in which the scsi devices sd* are found
by the kernel. My /var/log/messages has the line

Jan  7 10:17:47 hipx /bsd: sd1 at scsibus0 targ 5 lun 0: <IOMEGA, ZIP 10
0, D.13> SCSI2 0/direct removable

But if I add another scsi drive, it may change sd1 to sd2 or more.
I'd like to nail down the device point, like /dev/zip0 or some such.
The cdrom driver for example does this.

Is there a way to do this by scsi id number? By hacking another device ? :(

Clarence Wilkerson