[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
problem with X
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: problem with X
- From: DONVAN <golding_(_at_)_alpha_(_dot_)_fdu_(_dot_)_edu>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 10:34:57 -0400 (EDT)
I'm having a little problem with installing XFree86 3.3. After installing
all the binaries I run XF86Setup and get the errors:
This prgram is running on a different virtual terminal
Please switch to the correct virtual terminal
Just a moment
Attempting to start server
Unable to start X server
Can anyone please help me with this problem. Oh yeah, I'm running OpenBSD
2.1 on I386.
1. I installed the vt0 option in my kernel.
2. I edited the /etc/ttys file and put in all virtual screens
from ttyC0 through ttyC8
3. I made all devices in /dev
I don'y know what else I can do.