OpenBSD imake support

[ cross-posted to misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org and imake-talk_(_at_)_primate_(_dot_)_wisc_(_dot_)_edu ]

The X11R6.3 config files include support for NetBSD via a NetBSD.cf
vendor file and a NetBSD vendor block in Imake.cf that looks like this:

#ifdef __NetBSD__
# define MacroIncludeFile <NetBSD.cf>
# define MacroFile NetBSD.cf
# undef __NetBSD__
# define NetBSDArchitecture
# ifdef __i386__
#  define i386BsdArchitecture
#  define i386Architecture
#  undef i386
# endif
# if defined(__sparc__) || defined(sparc)
#  define SparcArchitecture
#  undef sparc
# endif
#endif /* NetBSD */

There appears to be some preliminary support for OpenBSD in the
NetBSD.cf file, since there are several tests against the
OpenBSDArchitecture macro.  That macro isn't defined anywhere, but
one might guess that to enable OpenBSD support, the NetBSD vendor
block might be modified as follows:

#ifdef __NetBSD__
# define MacroIncludeFile <NetBSD.cf>
# define MacroFile NetBSD.cf
# undef __NetBSD__
# define NetBSDArchitecture
# ifdef __OpenBSD__				/* NEW */
# define OpenBSDArchitecture			/* NEW */
# undef __OpenBSD__				/* NEW */
# endif						/* NEW */
# ifdef __i386__
#  define i386BsdArchitecture
#  define i386Architecture
#  undef i386
# endif
# if defined(__sparc__) || defined(sparc)
#  define SparcArchitecture
#  undef sparc
# endif
#endif /* NetBSD */

However, while that might have worked at one time, it won't work
for current OpenBSD systems; Theo de Raadt tells me that predefinition
of __NetBSD__ by OpenBSD's cpp was removed some months ago, so the
NetBSD vendor block won't be triggered at all.

It'd be easy enough to slap together a separate OpenBSD vendor
block and OpenBSD.cf file, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel.
I gather that there are already people working on getting X11 to
function under OpenBSD.  How is this being done?  (What mods are
being made to the X11 config files for OpenBSD support?)

--
Paul DuBois
dubois_(_at_)_primate_(_dot_)_wisc_(_dot_)_edu