make snapshot fails

Hi!

I tried (yes, I tried it at home!) to build a current snapshot on my
Pentium box, but it failed in a funny way:

fury:src {108} cat $CVSROOT/.ctm_status
OpenBSD-cvs 260
fury:src {109} make build
[...]
fury:etc {115} make snapshot
[...]
[everything is installed, the INST kernel is build, and some crunching is
done]
[...]
/bin/rm -rf /home/hgw/snapshot/snapshot
install -d -o root -g wheel -m 755 /home/hgw/snapshot/snapshot
cd /home/hgw/snapshot && tar cf - bin  | -9 -9 > snapshot/bin.tar.gz
/bin/sh: -9: not found
tar: Failed write to archive volume: 1 <Broken pipe>
*** Error code 127

This is caused by the environment variable "GZIP=-9", which is set in my
.cshrc for several month now. It never caused problems and the machine is
fast enough that I do not see any difference in compression speed to gzip
-6.

Has anybody seen the same problem?

cu, hgw

Visit your host, monkey.org