Re: i386 snapshot boot floppy instructions

James Robinson <jlrobins_(_at_)_zappa_(_dot_)_cs_(_dot_)_uncc_(_dot_)_edu> writes:

> I'm trying to snag the current sources right now onto a freebsd
> box with CVS version:
> drop.cs.uncc.edu% cvs --version
>
> Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.6.3 (client/server)
> Patch Level: 2
>
> My environment is set up as:
> drop.cs.uncc.edu% env | grep CVS
> CVSROOT=anoncvs_(_at_)_anoncvs3_(_dot_)_usa_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org:/cvs
> CVS_RSH=/usr/local/bin/ssh
> CVSREAD=
>
> I can't seem to snag the source per the docs on the OpenBSD WWW page:
> drop.cs.uncc.edu% cvs get src
> Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding.
> cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
> cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot open CVS/Root: No such file or directory
>

> Any suggestions? [CVS virgin here]

You can ignore that warning about X11 forwarding --- it's from ssh and
shouldn't really matter here.  About the CVS/Entries file the manual
(CVS version 1.9) says:

] Using watches with old versions of CVS
--------------------------------------
]
]    If you use the watch features on a repository, it creates `CVS'
] directories in the repository and stores the information about watches
] in that directory.  If you attempt to use CVS 1.6 or earlier with the
] repository, you get an error message such as
]
]      cvs update: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
]
]    and your operation will likely be aborted.  To use the watch
] features, you must upgrade all copies of CVS which use that repository
] in local or server mode.  If you cannot upgrade, use the `watch off' and
] `watch remove' commands to remove all watches, and that will restore
] the repository to a state which CVS 1.6 can cope with.

I'd suggest you update to a more recent version of CVS.

    Ben

--
Ben(edikt)? Stockebrand    Runaway ping.de Admin---Never Ever Trust Old Friends
My name and email address are not to be added to any list used for advertising